The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Monday 19 May 2014

Record Breaker!

I understand - partly thanks to the magnificent weather over the weekend - that this year's Wivenhoe Open Gardens has broken the record for most attended and most money raised.

Okay, the adjudicator hasn't yet finally adjudicated, but I reckon it's a safe bet to say that 2014 has been the best so far in the history of Wiv Gardens.

I'd like to think that it's been all thanks to the Gorilla In The Midst atop the Boat For My Potplants - but I can't legitimately lay claim. It's been down to the hard work and dedication of those who took part and opened up their gardens to the public.

And of corse The Wivenhoe Society, ably abetted by Jeannie and Pat.

If my gorilla could raise its Captain's hat to them, I'm sure it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment