The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 28 June 2014

Preparing For Glastonbury

Today we took Tallulah to the Little D

ragons Pre-School Summer Fayre. We saw a bouncy castle, a shiny red fire engine, some dancing children and bales of straw. There were burgers in buns and cups of tea. And lots of rain.

And next Wednesday we are setting off for our biggest motorhome adventure yet - a round trip to Lincoln for Jane's cousin's civil ceremony. It's gonna be a blast being there, it's gonna be a blast getting there, and it's gonna be a blast coming back too.

We're allowing three days for the journey there, averaging 50 or so miles each day, staying at Thetford Forest and Wisbech en route, and I'm looking forward to finding out how the awning works, if indeed it actually does.


I'm sure that 'Erindoors and I will become happy campers.

And what's more, I've been invited by top motorhome journal MMM to write something in their mag, so our mammoth voyage will be an excellent way for me to finally get the hang of the gear changing. It really is like stirring pea soup.

Who knows? If this trip goes well we could well be looking at Glastonbury for next year, being the old hippies that we are. But in the meantime I am lucky enough to have a new co-driver, Beatrice.

No comments:

Post a Comment