The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Thursday 23 October 2014

Take A Gander At Our Birds


Is it Thursday? Already four whole days since Sunday's Flavours Of Wivenhoe book launch at The Royal British Legion? What an incredibly lovely event that was, with 'Erindoors and I handing out glasses of wine to the guests as they arrived to celebrate the magnificent collection of recipes submitted by the good folks from around Wivenhoe.

The book is simply superb, and it brought a lump to my throat as I read my mum's recipes for her wonderful Port Wine Jelly and Jackie's Snaffles Mousse. I can vouch for the jelly as I have actually made it with my own bare hands, and it's rather jolly good. Bless her.

And just look at the cover. What do you see? Well, Wivenhoe has adopted a trio of fine feathered friends - a pair of swans and their own adopted goose - and they can often be seen gliding gracefully on the river. There they are on the cover! And thankfully there isn't a single goose recipe inside.




No comments:

Post a Comment