The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Sunday 16 November 2014

Splendid Isolation



I admit I'm not known for my enthusiasm of walking.

In fact 'Erindoors told me today that she'd given up on asking me to become Mr 'Imoutdoors because she had come to expect that I'd either say 'yes' with reluctance, or 'no' because I've usually got too much to do.

So I surprised 'er by ME suggesting that we go walkies this morning.

We went to Wrabness, a gem of hidden splendid isolation on the Stour estuary in Essex.

The beach was deserted and beautiful. The air was still and the waters were calm. Mist rolled in.

We discovered a building in the making, daring to be different. How wonderful that the spirit of great design can still live in an age of planning consents and local authority 'no-no's'.

No comments:

Post a Comment