The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 10 October 2015

How To Write A Song


I asked the hugely talented Joanna Eden to come up with a song for Muddy Water, so that

a) it could be used to play on Facebook and on my blog here - as soon as it's recorded
b) she can perform it live at the book launch on November 1st
c) for the fun of it
d) for the ego of it

I previously sent Jo the plot line of the story, and she effortlessly came up with the tune, and then some initial words.

Yesterday I went over to her house to co-write with her and do some 'fine-tuning'. No, that's not strictly accurate. The ratio of co-writing, as predicted, was 99% Jo and 1% me.

There was she pouring out melodies and lyrics as easily as I pour out my Cheerios, and I struggled to even come up with a word that rhymes with 'tide'. (masterfully, Jo came up with 'denied').

No comments:

Post a Comment